The Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter Offers Service Opportunities.
If you are performing court-mandated community service, you must set up an initial appointment with the Director of Food Services. You must disclose the nature of your conviction at that time.
If you are requesting a volunteer opportunity for community service through school, National Honor Society, or your place of employment, please go to our Volunteer page.
Checklist for Getting Scheduled
- Before you contact us, you need to know:
- How many hours you need to complete your service.
- What date your hours need to be completed by.
- When you have that information in front of you: Call us at (603) 889-7770 between the hours of 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Monday through Friday and ask for the Director of Food Services, Shane Sullivan, or call him directly at (603) 889-7770 ext 116
- We will schedule your first block of Community Service hours based on what hours we have available and when you are available. Once you successfully complete that first block, you will be scheduled for the remaining hours needed to complete your community service.
- Community Service hours are usually scheduled anytime Monday through Friday, between 6:45 AM up to 7:00 PM. We have some opportunities available on Saturdays. We do not schedule community service hours on Sundays.
- NSKS will not accept volunteers who have been convicted of violent crimes, crimes of a sexual nature, theft, burglary, drug sales, or identity theft crimes.
- NSKS reserves the right to decline any volunteer or to limit which days or hours a volunteer can work.
- NSKS may establish pre-conditions for a court-mandated volunteer to work and reserves the right to dismiss a volunteer at any time during their scheduled time.
- Court-mandated volunteers are responsible for tracking their own hours. Any paperwork to be signed must be brought to a staff member upon completion of the hours worked each day.
- Proper dress and close-toed shoes are required; any volunteers failing to arrive in such will be sent home without completion of hours.
- It is not the responsibility of the NSKS to accommodate court-mandated community service volunteers who wait until the last minute to fulfill their obligation. No exceptions will be made to this policy.