No one should be hungry or homeless in our community.
The Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization providing meals, emergency shelter, transitional housing, food baskets and advocacy to homeless and low-income men, women and families with children. The soup kitchen, at 2 Quincy Street, serves dinner seven days a week and breakfast five days a week.
We would like to express our gratitude for your generous support, whether it’s been through your time, talents or treasures. Because of your generosity, this past year we’ve been able to:
Provide food to vulnerable individuals and families in the Greater Nashua Region in a dignified and sustainable manner through:
- meals served in our dining room
- 25,861 breakfasts served in 12 months
- 54,996 dinners served in 12 months
- food pantry visits
- 13,647 food boxes (a family can come in once-per-month for)
- 28,063 visits for fresh fruits, vegetables and bread
- Meals for Kids program (NSKS staff & volunteers create, package, and deliver free frozen evening meals to schools across the city to children who would go hungry.)
- 9,070 frozen children’s meals prepared and delivered in 12 months
Provide emergency shelter for homeless individuals & families. We are the only local shelter providing emergency shelter for families & single women.
- 11,133 nights of emergency shelter was provided at our shelters
- 335 homeless persons were sheltered, including 41 children
Provide services, which encompassed:
- 1,563 children receiving new backpacks & supplies from our “Backpacks for Back to School” program
- 259 children received birthday gifts, party supplies & cake mixes from our Birthday Room
- 44 families, including 46 children, received financial assistance to prevent homelessness
- 35,786 diapers were distributed, 6 diapers per child, per visit
- 4,254 families received toiletry and personal care bags (a family receives one bag per month)
- 460 clients were helped by our Employment & Education advocate
- 302 clients received bicycles for transportation through our partnership with Gate City Bike Coop
- Homeless clients living on the streets of our city were able to wash 549 loads of laundry and take 259 showers in the past 12 months at our Quincy Street facility.
As you share in the wealth & happiness of the season with family & friends, please continue to share with those who come to the Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter. Approximately 40% of our budget comes from holiday contributions. We’re counting on you!
Your donations keep us going and growing. Please give generously.
“If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.”
Happy Holidays from NSKS Board Members & Staff
Amanda B., Brian, Carol, Dave, Dave G., Donna, Erika, Janet, Jason, Jerry, Jessica, Jordan, Juana, June, Karin, Keith, Krishna, Lee K, Lee N., Linda B., Linda K., Lori, Madeleine, Mary, Mary S., Meghan, Melinda, Michael, Olga, Richard, Rick, Rosa, Ryan, Shoshanna, Stephanie O., Stephanie W., Wally
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Stay up to date on NSKS news and events